Also—don’t forget to submit your own organizing projects and techniques to our Facebook Page @BedBathHome We’ll be sharing our favorites at the end of the month!
1. Turn old dresser drawers into handy-dandy hang-alls!
2. Recycle used mailer tubes into snazzy wine bottle holders!
3. Old leather belts? Scrap wood? BOOM! Instant shelves!
5. Keep papers clean and pretty-looking by making these cute touch-of-gold clipboards!
6. Suitcases—they make great coffee tables!
7. And nightstands!
9. …And bathroom vanities!!
11. Or make a secret compartment behind some framed art!
14. Take advantage of underused hall space with floor-to-ceiling shelves!
15. Books too much visual clutter for you? Dress them down with uniform white covers for a cohesive look!
17. Remember where to put pots back with painted outlines!
18. Pegboards—also great for magazine storage!
20. Keep all of your letter-writing tools together with a small stationery kit!
21. Whip together some DIY paper boxes!
22. Recycle a tin can into a perpetual desktop calendar/pencil holder!
23. Hack a simple IKEA chair into a multi-purpose nightstand!
24. Need extra bedside storage? Consider a mini filing cabinet!
26. Divide and conquer! Create a mini office with a multi-purpose room divider/bulletin board!
27. Bring nature in—along with your mail! Make this simple, mossy mail organizer!
29. Bent that spoon trying to eat ice cream? Turn it into a handy key hook!
30. Color-code and identify keys, drawers, and more with tiny yarn tassels!
31. Turn used Altoids tins into colorful organizers!
32. Craft a chic wood and leather catch-all for mail near your front door!
33. Got too many books? Use some as building blocks for a postmodern side table!
34. Turn an old book into a portable tech organizer!
35. When working with small spaces, never underestimate the power of corner shelves!
36. You can even make one with a magazine holder!
37. Use pipes to craft a coat rack that wheels out of the way when not in use!
38. Your old CD storage drawers? Repurpose them as a kitchen pantry!
40. And your clothes!
42. Making a DIY desk? Try using filing cabinets as “legs” for extra storage!
43. Low on space? Store books face-out on shallow shelves!
46. Got too many scarves or ties? Store them and make art at the same time by hanging them on a wall-mounted wire!
47. If desk space is an issue, wall-mount your computer screen!
51. Or clothing storage!
52. Trying to save space? Use a wall-mounted shelf as an ultra-thin workspace!